So, I’ve worked part-time in customer service for just about two years now. Not even gunna lie, it makes you seriously despise retail and the public - even more so. Of course every customer service position brings horrible customers. Even though they might be a minority, they are the most memorable. You can have twenty nice customers, and one lousy one, and when you go home at the end of the day, guess which one is going to be at the front of your mind? Not to mention some of the stupid, rude and just plain retarded things that customers do sometimes. So, here are my top pet peeves about customer service:
- Shop closes at 5:00pm, customer comes in at 4:59pm looking to buy something.
- Counting money from the tills at 5:10pm, customer bangs on our doors and asks if we’re open.
- Customer wants your attention, so they snap their fingers at you.
- Walk up to a customer and ask if they need a hand with anything, but they have their headphones in and ignore you. Five minutes later, they complain that nobody approached them.
- Shop opens at 9:00am, so a random customer decides to bang on the doors at 8:45am wanting to buy something.
- Customer comes up to make a purchase whilst using a cell phone.
- Customer buys a $5 item, hands you a $50 bill.
- Customers who don’t know a word of the English language.
- Customers who come to return something WITHOUT a receipt.
Those are just some of the many things I have to deal with on a day to day basis.